- Name: Ari Neimand
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 23
- Where: Miami, Fl
- Height: 5'8"
- Weight: 163 Lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Delts
- Favorite Exercise: Standing Overhead Press
- Favorite Supplements: BSN Syntha-6; Athletic Edge PreSurge
How Did You Get Started?
I was always active when I was younger and wanted to be the best at everything I did. I played team sports, but I didn't like relying on others. When I got to high-school I realized that they offered a weight lifting class and after taking it I was hooked. I realized that I was just me against the weights and the only one I could blame for the failure was myself. If my diet wasn't right or I didn't lift well, it was my fault and that made me push myself. I love that feeling.
In college I really got into the sport since I had more time, and could regulate my diet. Also, the college gym was significantly better and more equipped then any other gym I had seen. It also created more competition, because in high-school there were not many big guys, but in college there was significantly more and it created more of a desire to be the biggest and best. It is this internal competition that keeps me going and trying to push myself to be the biggest and best that I can.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
I use a five day split, Monday-Friday and take the weekends off to rest.
|TERMS YOU'LL NEED TO KNOW|
Day 1: Chest
- Bench Press: 5 sets of 12 reps
- Dumbbell Incline: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Dumbbell Flyes: 4 sets of 6 negative reps
- Machine Bench Press: 4 sets of 12 reps
Cable Flyes: 4 sets of 12 reps
Push-Ups: 4 sets to failure
Weighted Dips: 3 sets to failure
Push-Ups: 3 sets to failure
Day 2: Back
- Weighted Pull-Ups: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Deadlift: 4 sets of 5 reps
- Dumbbell Row: 4 sets of 6 negative reps
- Lat Pulldown: 4 sets of 12 reps
Dumbbell Pullover: 4 sets of 12 reps
Barbell Rows: 4 sets of 20 reps
Seated Row: 4 sets of 12 reps
Chin Ups: 4 sets to failure
Day 3: Legs
- Squats: 5 sets of 10 reps
- Leg Extension: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Hamstring Curls: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Single Leg Press: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Seated Calf Raises: 4 sets of 20 reps
- Standing Calf Raises: 4 sets of 20 reps
- Dumbbell Lunges: 3 sets of 20 reps
- Hack Squats: 4 sets of 12 reps
Day 4: Shoulder/Traps
- Standing Front Press: 5 sets of 10 reps
- Barbell Shrugs: 5 sets of 10 reps
- Dumbbell Lateral Raise: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Dumbbell Front Raises: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Upright Row: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Arnold Press: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Dumbbell Shrug: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Rear Delt: 4 sets of 12 reps
Day 5: Arms
- Barbell Curl: 5 sets of 10 reps
- Close Grip Bench: 5 sets of 10 reps
- Dumbbell Hammer Curl: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Skull Crushers: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Hammer Preacher Curl: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Triceps Pushdown: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Single Arm Cable Curl: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Single Arm Triceps Pushdown: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Forearm Curls: 4 sets of 30 reps
Day 6 And 7: Off
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
Supplementing all of the food I eat, I also drink 4.5 liters of water a day.
Meal 1: Pre-Workout 6:00 AM
- 1 scoops of BSN Syntha-6
- 1 cup black coffee
- 2 scoops of Athletic Edge PreSurge
- 2 scoops of Athletic Edge Intrabolic
Meal 2: 9:00 AM
Meal 3: 12:00 PM
- 5oz turkey breast
- 1 100 calorie Arnold's Sandwich Slim
- 1 Controlled Labs Orange Triad
- 1 Controlled Labs Oximega Fish Oil
Meal 4: 3:00 PM
- 2 scoops Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey
Meal 5: 6:00 PM
Meal 6: 9:00 PM
Meal 7: 12:00 PM
- 1 scoop BSN Syntha-6
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
The biggest gains I have seen are from protein, multi-vitamins and pre-workouts.
I have used many pre-workouts, but generally rotate between BSN NO-Xplode, Athletic Edge PreSurge and LG Sciences Anadraulic State GT. These all really get me in the mindset to workout and I have my best workouts after taking any of these products.
I also use Controlled Labs Orange Triad and Oximega Fish Oil. Additionally, I like PrimaForce Caffeine if I need that extra kick to get me through the day. All of these supplements help take my diet and workout to the next level and help me break any plateaus that I may reach.
- Athletic Edge PreSurge: 2 scoops
- BSN Syntha-6: 1 scoop
- PrimaForce Caffeine: 1 pill
- Controlled Labs Orange Triad: 2 tabs
- Athletic Edge Intrabolic: 2 scoops
- Detour Bar: 1 bar
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love bodybuilding because it allows me to push myself to the limit. It also allows me to set long and short term goals that are attainable. Once I reach one goal, I immediately create a new one to keep pushing myself.
Also, the fact that there is a visible change in my body keeps motivating me to keep going. A lot of sports there are no noticeable changes, but with bodybuilding everyday I can see a change. Either I am lifting more weight, have more stamina, or can see more vascularity. Also, I see other people that may be bigger, and they motivate be as big and strong as they are. It is the best feeling in the world.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
I always wanted to be healthy. Some of the members of my family have health related illnesses that affect the way that they live their life, and I have always wanted to try and prevent these in any way possible. Also, I want my parents to live a long time, and I hope that by living a healthy lifestyle I can motivate them to stay healthy.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
I am a very goal oriented person and I like to see results. By setting these little goals for health and strength purposes I wanted to attain them. Every time I reached a goal, I set a new one, and before I knew it, I was getting bigger and stronger then I ever thought possible. Then the compliments started coming, and I was hooked forever. I wanted to keep impressing myself and other people.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
My future plans are to keep on lifting and getting bigger and stronger. I want to compete in a natural competition in the near future because I think that is the next step and will force me to push myself harder both in the gym and with my diet.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
My advice to others would be to just keep working at your goals and you can reach them. Do not let others put you down and say that you cannot reach those goals.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?
I really like the Store, SuperSite, BodySpace, and Forums. There has never been a time that I wanted a product and it was not in your online store. Also, the Supersite has great articles that introduce me to new ideas and concepts such as different workouts and diets. The ingredient listing that the site provides is also really helpful and informative because it allows me to see what is in the products that I am ordering, and I really like that. The forum is a great way to search out answers for questions that I may have, or have insight into what may be the next big thing in bodybuilding. Overall, I love the whole site.