- Name: Pamela Anstey
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 21
- Where: Ontario
- Height: 5' 2"
- Weight: 130 Lbs., Contest: 105 Lbs.
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Abdominals
- Favorite Exercise: Legs And Biceps
- Favorite Supplements: Sportlab P1 & P2 & L-Glutamine, Dymatize Xpand Pre and Post, and Allmax Nutrition ISO FLEX protein powder.
How Did You Get Started?
I have always been into sports, such as soccer (women's premier level), downhill ski racing, football, tennis, kickboxing (Tony Greco), etc. Eventually I was introduced to the gym through school and friends at the age of 17 and slowly became addicted to building muscle and improving my physique and fitness.
I wasn't too serious about weight lifting for the first 6-8 months until I saw a bodybuilding/fitness show on TSN and then was determined to have a body like that. SO, staying dedicated through hard training, eating the right foods, and losing 30lbs I was then ready to walk on stage in the summer of 2005.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Kevin Foisey helped me with my workout, nutritional plan and tanning. I don't know what I would have done without him.
Sample Training Routine:
Week 1: 3 sets of 10
Week 2: 4 sets of 8
Wednesday: Off or Cardio
Saturday: Off or Cardio
Sunday: Cardio and Abs
Getting ready for competition I would do 30 min of cardio everyday. Eventually (2-3 weeks until competition) it is bumped up to 45 min of cardio twice a day morning and evening plus weights.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
Usually I could only get 5 meals in a day, sometimes 6.
Off Season Plan:
25 g of carbs
8 egg whites 2 whole
Meal 2 & 3:
5 oz of steak or ground beef
25 g of carbs
Meal 4 & 5:
2 cups of veggies
6 oz of chicken
8 egg whites 2 whole
Getting in-season strict plan:
Close to competition I cut the fats and do carb cycles. I'll deplete carbs for two or three days and carb up twice a week.
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday is a deplete day.
Wednesday may be a carb up day depending on how I feel sometimes I will push myself.
Thursday: 100g of carbs (oatmeal or yams or potatoes or brown rice).
Friday and Saturday: deplete.
Sunday: 300 g of carbs. (Oatmeal or yams or potatoes or brown rice)
8 egg whites
Meal 2, 3, 4, 5, 6:
8 egg whites or white fish
Cucumbers and lettuce
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
To be honest I never used any sport/nutritional supplements except Natural Factor multivitamins, vitamin C, calcium, and glucosamine while preparing for my first set competitions.
In my current off-season training I may be using SPORTLAB P1 & P2 & L-Glutamine, Dymatize Xpand Pre and Post, and Allmax Nutrition chocolate flavored ISO FLEX protein powder. As well, continuing with the use of Natural Factor multivitamins, vitamin C, and glucosamine.
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love looking good, feeling healthy and, being strong. Fitness is my lifestyle and I wouldn't change it for the world.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
1. To continue improving my physique and fitness level so that I can compete nationally and then Internationally (Olympia!) and become a well-recognized athlete all over the world.
2. To move from competing in figure to fitness and perform challenging routines at competitions.
3. To get my Certified Personal Trainers certificate and utilize my knowledge on physical fitness to people.
4. To own my own business in the fitness industry.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Those who are starting out with the goal to compete in the future: never give up no matter how tough it gets because in the end it will be worth it!
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
My favorite bodybuilder would have to be Johanna Dejader. She was the first person I talked to for tips on getting started for competing and it helped me out a lot. She has an incredible physique and gets incredibly ripped! I have never seen anyone get as lean as her.
Sylvia Tremblay is my favorite fitness competitor. I believe she was the first person I discovered which gave me the motivation to achieve my fitness goals.
And who doesn't like Arnold? He is The Legend and will always be one of my favorites. Love his movies too!
Thanks Out To:
- My sponsor ADIDAS (www.adidas.com)
- Garth Gittens from Adidas
- Stephane -R. Leduc from Adidas
- Kevin Foisey, owner of Caribbean Exposure tanning salon
- Rick Oliver, photographer (www.herbiceps.com)
- Doug Schnieder, photographer (www.seriousaboutfitnes.com, www.sportlabmodelsearch.com, http://www.safcovergirls.com, http://www.girlsofsaf.com/, www.boa.on.ca)
- My loving boyfriend, Liam, and family for supporting me and coming out to all my competitions