Straight Outta The Can: Tuna Recipes For Bodybuilders!
Tuna has long been a favorite protein source for bodybuilders, dieters, and other athletes. Here are a few straight outta the can recipes you can use to bring a little life into your next can of tuna!
Tuna has long been a favorite protein source for bodybuilders, dieters, and other athletes. It's cheap, fast, portable, and preportioned into convenient sizes. Did I mention it was cheap? The fact is, it is a great source of protein and omega-3 essential fats and it makes a great snack too.
Solid white albacore can taste great all by itself if it fits your budget. If not, here are a few "straight outta the can" recipes you can use to bring a little life into your next can of tuna (or canned chicken).
Straight Outta The Can Recipes
- Lemon Pepper Tuna: Lemon juice and fresh ground pepper, or sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning
- Balsamic Tuna: Balsamic vinegar and fresh ground pepper
- Mustard Dill Tuna: Dill, 1 tbsp mustard, and chopped celery
- Southwest Tuna: 1 tbsp nonfat mayo, 1/4 of a Anaheim green chile (chopped), black pepper to taste
- Honey Mustard Tuna: 1-2 tbsp honey mustard
- Tuna-Fried Rice: Saute cooked brown rice, chopped green or yellow onions, and egg whites in pan sprayed with butter-flavored nonstick spray. Mix in tuna and serve.
- Tuna-Stuffed Tomato: Mix 1 tbsp nonfat mayo, pepper, and tuna, and stuff inside a tomato. Top tomato with a slice of mozzarella cheese and bake in toaster oven until cheese melts.
- Old El Paso Tuna: 1 heaping tbsp salsa or 1 tbsp chopped green chiles
- Tuna Italiano: 1 tbsp Italian dressing or olive oil vinaigrette, fresh ground pepper
- Tuna Balsamico: 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar, a few dashes oregano, ground pepper to taste
- Tuna Piccata: 1 tsp capers, lemon juice, 1/2 tsp parsley, fresh ground pepper
- All-American Tuna: 1 tbsp fat-free mayo, 1 chopped pickle, 1/2 stalk chopped celery or onion
- Texas Tuna: 1 tbsp barbecue sauce
- Tuna Melt: 1 tbsp fat-free mayo, 1 oz. cheese melted on top
- Tuna Parmesan: Mix in 1 tbsp ketchup, tomato sauce, or spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle with bread crumbs or a crushed cracker, top with 1 oz. low-fat mozzarella cheese. Cook in microwave or toaster oven until cheese melts.
- No-Time Tuna: 1 fork, 1 glass of water
Tuna Melt Patties
Here's a special edition of an American classic that clocks in at a preparation speed of five minutes or less!