Fit Food Fantasy: 2 Days Of Flawless Eating With Nicole Moneer Guerrero
The fantasy isn't just how good and healthy these meals are for your body; it's how your body will look after you start eating this way!
Okay, here's the challenge: I want you to engage in two full days of flawless eating. Stick with my menu, and I guarantee you'll feel better than you've ever felt before. What's more, you won't experience any sudden cravings that you'll regret later, after caving in to temptation.
That's because my meals taste better than all that junk that's calling your name.
You're already on fitness journey, and 80 percent of your success will be determined in the kitchen. Follow my two-day fit food fantasy, and you'll reach a new level of nutrition, where you eat wisely but also enjoy the taste of life!
Tantalize Your Taste Buds, Build Your Body
The strain of dieting for long periods can easily derail motivation. I'm no different; I love eating and crave sweet and savory foods like anyone else. But as an IFBB Pro Bikini Athlete, and the 2009 Ms. Bikini Classic Universe champion, I have to watch what I eat.
The bikinis I wear for shoots and on stage during competitions don't leave much to the imagination, so I have to look my best at all times. So I started compiling recipes that are not only healthy, but taste good too. No more plain chicken, rice, and broccoli for me!
My fit food fantasy came true, and now I'm going to show you how yours can too. I'm not a gourmet chef, but being in the fitness industry for more than a decade has forced me to learn a thing or two about food. My recipes will tantalize your taste buds and leave them begging for more!
Your fit food fantasy, should you choose to accept it, begins here and now:
Day 1 Recipes
Breakfast Protein Pancakes with Agave Nectar
Mid-Morning Snack Yogurt Delight
- 32 oz of Greek yogurt (I use Greek yogurt because it's high in protein)
- 3 cups Ezekiel cereal
- 2 tbsp Agave Nectar
- Mix together in a Tupperware container and let sit in refrigerator to thicken.
Serving Size (8oz) Recipe yields
Lunch Lettuce Wraps
- 3-4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 head romaine or red leaf lettuce (anything but iceberg; the darker green the better)
- ¼ cup almonds or walnuts
- 1 bunch of scallions OR vegetable of your choice-GET YOUR VEGGIES IN!!!
- Your favorite teriyaki or a low-sodium soy sauce
- Trim fat on chicken and cut into cubes.
- Panfry or steam until done.
- Add in nuts (better if crushed).
- Add in chopped scallions (optional to cook with chicken).
- Add in about ¼ cup of your favorite sauce.
- Stir everything together.
Serving Size (1) Recipe yields 12 wraps
Mid-Afternoon Snack Protein Shake
- 1 scoop protein powder (I use VPX Chocolate Graham Cracker)
- 1 cup rice milk (can also use almond milk)
- 1 cup water (optional for consistency)
- 1-2 leaves of kale
- ½ cup blueberries
- Any other fruits or veggies you desire
- Mix it all up in a blender and ENJOY!
Serving Size (1) Recipe yields 1 shake
Dinner Tex-Mex Turkey Burgers
Day 1 recipes PDF (29.5 KB)
Day 2 recipes
Breakfast Egg White Oatmeal Bars
- 6-8 egg whites
- 1 cup gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats, oatmeal, or barley flakes
- 2 packets Stevia, Truvia or Xylitol (your choice of sweetener)
- ½ cup blueberries or 1 banana (optional)
- Blend egg whites, fruit (if desired), sweetener, and oats.
- Pour into 9-inch pan already sprayed with Pam nonstick spray, making sure it spreads evenly (use a knife).
- Bake for 13-15 minutes at 350 degrees. Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
Serving Size (entire batch) Recipe yields 1
Mid-Morning Snack Healthy Pudding
- 2 scoops favorite protein powder (I use VPX Chocolate Graham Cracker
- 10-12 oz water OR coconut milk (you can also use rice or almond milk; base the ounces on the amount your protein powder label states to mix per scoop)
- 1 tbsp of guar gum (this is a gluten-free thickening agent)
- Blend and then divide among 2 or 4 bowls, depending on preference.
- Allow to set for at least 4 hours, so it congeals to a pudding-like consistency.
Serving Size (1 bowl) Recipe yields
Lunch Teriyaki Turkey Meatloaf
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
- 2 tbsp chopped celery (optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped carrot (optional)
- 1 tsp dried ground ginger
- 1 tbsp garlic
- ¼ chopped nuts (your preference)
- 3-4 tbsp of your favorite teriyaki sauce OR Bragg's Liquid Amino's (preferably low sodium)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and stir until blended.
- Put mixture into a 9-by-5 loaf pan; sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes and serve. Makes 6-8 servings.
Serving Size (1 piece) Recipe yields
Mid-Afternoon Snack Almond Butter Balls
- 2 cups rolled oats (I use gluten-free because I'm gluten-intolerant)
- ¾ cup almond meal
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup coconut milk (can also use rice or almond milk)
- ½ cup dark chocolate almond spread
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 eggs
- 1-2 scoops favorite protein powder (optional if you want higher protein content)
- Use cupcake papers; cook in cupcake cooking pan.
- Cook in oven at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
- Makes 12 balls.
Serving Size (1 ball) Recipe yields
Dinner Red Hot Chicken and Broccoli
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup cashews, crushed
- 1 red pepper
- ¾ cup dried red chilies
- 2 cups long-grain brown rice
- 1 cup broccoli
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese (optional)
- 2 tbsp crushed red pepper (if you like it HOT!)
- In a 2½-quart saucepan, add 6 cups water and cook/steam chicken for 10 minutes.
- In a 2½-quart saucepan, add water and rice and broccoli (cook broccoli separately or with rice). Preheat oven to 350.
- While the chicken and rice are cooking, slice your red pepper. Chop the nuts or leave them as is.
- After 10 minutes, remove chicken from water and place in casserole dish. Top chicken with cheese, throw in red pepper slices, dried red chilies and lastly sprinkle with cashews.
- Place in oven for 20-25 minutes.
Serving Size (1/4 of dish) Recipe yields 4 servings
Day 2 Recipes PDF (29.5 KB)
Serve chicken with brown rice broccoli combo and top off with crushed red pepper if you like your food EXTRA HOT!