Not all meals have to be 100 percent clean. Once in a while, you need a treat. This dish serves up a cheat-worthy dessert that will still keep true to your high-protein standards. With an undeniably healthy take on cake, chocolate-covered candy, and 25 grams of protein per serving, it's proof that you can have your cake and eat it, too.
Large egg 1
Large egg white 1
Vanilla protein powder 1 scoop
Unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or other milk substitute) 1/2 cup
Vanilla extract 1 tsp
Coconut flour 6 tbsp
Almond flour 1/8 cup
Banana 1/2 (or unsweetened apple sauce 1/4 cup)
Baking powder 1/2 tsp
Mini baking M&M's 1 tbsp
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl. Add the M&M's last, and mix in by hand.
- Take out two half-pint size oven-safe jars (or use Pyrex, ceramic or Corningware ramekins, or other oven-safe baking vessels if you have any doubt about your jars), coat them with nonstick cooking spray, and evenly distribute your mix into them. Don't fill to the top, as the cake will rise.
- Top with a few more M&M's, and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow the jars to cool, then screw the lid on to make this perfect protein-rich treat ready for travel!
Serving size: 1 jar
Recipe yields: 2 servings