Not all meals have to be 100 percent clean. Once in a while, you need a treat. This dish serves up a cheat-worthy dessert that will still keep true to your high-protein standards. With an undeniably healthy take on cake, chocolate-covered candy, and 25 grams of protein per serving, it's proof that you can have your cake and eat it, too.
- 1 egg
- 1 egg whites
- 1 scoop(s) vanilla whey protein powder
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp coconut flour
- ⅛ cup almond flour
- ½ banana
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 serving 0.5 oz, about 1 tbsp M&M's milk chocolate mini baking bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl. Add the M&M's last, and mix in by hand.
- Take out two half-pint size oven-safe jars (or use Pyrex, ceramic or Corningware ramekins, or other oven-safe baking vessels if you have any doubt about your jars), coat them with nonstick cooking spray, and evenly distribute your mix into them. Don't fill to the top, as the cake will rise.
- Top with a few more M&M's, and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow the jars to cool, then screw the lid on to make this perfect protein-rich treat ready for travel!