I love making Mexican food, but I'm not sure it fits into my fitness goals. Can you tell me a few healthy Mexican recipes
I do have a few recipes that are "Mexican" style, but they aren't the cheesy, gooey, greasy Tex-Mex you find at a restaurant. These two Mexican recipes are a great diet addition for those trying to satisfy a craving while staying on track with their macronutrient goals.
These meals are healthy enough that I don't even consider them cheat foods. These can be everyday meals to include in a muscle-building diet.
- Beef Tenderloin, cut into strips
- Olive Oil
- Spanish Onion, cut into thin wedges
- Green Pepper, cut into thin strips
- Red Sweet Pepper, cut into thin strips
- Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- Lime Juice
- Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
- Garlic, minced
- Ground Cumin
- Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Lettuce, shredded leaf
- Cook the beef strips in a large non-stick skillet. Set aside.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, add the onions, green peppers, and red peppers. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 7-8 minutes or until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the broth, lime juice, soy sauce, honey, cornstarch, garlic, and cumin; mix well to dissolve the cornstarch.
- Add broth mixture to the skillet and stir constantly for 1 to 2 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Add the beef and stir to combine.
- Microwave the tortillas for 1 minute, or until warm.
- Divide the beef mixture and lettuce among the tortillas. Top with the guacamole and salsa.
- Roll up the tortillas to enclose the filling. Scarf!
Serving Size 8 Fajitas
Beef Fajitas PDF (57.6 KB)
Both recipes from Anabolic Cooking