Breakfast doesn't have to be just toast, jam, and coffee. Break free from the carb-heavy, sugar-filled morning meal and start your day with a nutritious, protein-packed dish! These recipes are a great way to kick off a productive day. Not much of a morning person? Add these to your recipe repertoire for a wicked breakfast-for-dinner selection.
Gluten-Free PB&J Waffles
Begone, bread! The classic peanut butter and jelly combo is no longer restricted to the square constructs of white, wheat, or rye. Enter the waffle. Whip up this recipe to get the delicious taste of PB&J in all the tasty waffle's nooks and crannies.
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 scoops BPI Sports Vanilla Caramel Whey-HD
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup almond milk
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Slowly add wet ingredients while stirring.
- Let mixture sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Pour batter into waffle iron.
- In a small saucepan, combine blueberries, lemon juice, and Stevia.
- Cook on high heat until blueberries break down into a liquid.
- Plate by smearing a tablespoon of natural peanut butter on the waffle. Drizzle with homemade jelly. Enjoy!
Gluten-Free PB&J Waffles PDF (138 KB)
Choconut Avocado Protein Shake
Part chocolate, part coconut, part avocado, all delicious! By combining the healthy fats in avocados with the creaminess of coconut milk and chocolaty cocoa powder, this isn't your typical protein shake.
- 1 scoop BPI Sports Chocolate Cookie Whey-HD
- 1 cup Silk Coconut Milk
- 1 ripened avocado
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 Stevia packets
- Handful of ice
- Pour all liquid ingredients into blender, then add powdered ingredients and avocado.
- Blend until smooth, then add ice.
- Garnish with coconut flakes and granola.
Choconut Avocado Protein Shake PDF (153 KB)
Protein-Packed Southwest Scramble
Whoever told you all scrambles are created equal never tasted this protein-packed concoction! Veggies, egg whites, and lean meats will leave you feeling satisfied.
- 4 egg whites
- 1 link turkey sausage
- 1 small diced yellow onion
- 1/4 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 handful chopped spinach
- 1 diced tomato
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pan, drizzle onions and peppers with olive oil and saute.
- When the onions are clear and peppers are tender, season with salt and pepper.
- Add chopped turkey sausage, and saute until sausage is golden brown.
- Lower heat, add egg whites, and scramble.
- When eggs are almost done, add in tomato and spinach. Enjoy with a piece of whole grain toast for a complete and nutritious meal!
Protein-Packed Southwest Scramble PDF (142 KB)