Question: When is the best time to dig into dessert? If your answer is "after dinner," you're too rigid. The best time to eat dessert is any time—as long as that dessert is healthy! Rather than finish your day with it, start your morning with these delicious raspberry oatmeal bites.
The fiber and protein are sure to help you stay full throughout the morning, while the touch of sweetness will tantalize your taste buds.
- Almond flour: 4 tbsp (28 g)
- Rolled oats: 1 cup (80 g)
- Vanilla protein powder: 2 scoops (60 g)
- Baking soda: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: 1/8 tsp
- Apple sauce: 1/2 cup
- Sweetener: 1/4 cup
- Vanilla extract: 1 tsp
- Raspberry extract (optional): 1/4 tsp
- Raspberry jam: 4 tbsp (72 g)
- Fresh raspberries as desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- Mix together the almond flour, rolled oats, protein powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix the applesauce, sweetener, vanilla extract, and raspberry extract.
- Combine both mixes.
- Coat a muffin or baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour in most of the mix and press it in.
- Evenly distribute the jam and raspberries on top, then pour the remaining mix on top and press it down lightly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until brown.
- Serving size: 1/8 recipe
- Recipe yields: 8 servings
- Calories: 131
- Fat: 3 g
- Carbs: 18 g
- Protein: 8 g