Top 10 Chicken Recipes: Chicken With An International Kick!
Eating bland chicken can get real boring real fast. For those who may just be coming off from a competition, you may not want to hear the word chicken for a while. Learning how to infuse the magic of spices and a little creative flair can help you turn your ordinary chicken breast into something enjoyable and nutritious. Who says that healthy chicken dishes can't be full of flavor?
Here are some great chicken recipes with an international kick that will make you fall in love with chicken all over again! Open your eyes and your palette to a wonderful world of healthy, colorful and flavorful international dishes that will make you feel like chicken tonight!
- Baked Honey Glazed Garlic Chicken
- Healthy Southern 'Fried' Chicken
- Guilt Free Italian Chicken Parmesan
- Glazed Chinese Chicken With Brown Rice
- Grilled Greek Chicken
- Caribbean Chicken Stir Fry
- Mexican Chicken With Yellow Rice
- Mediterranean Chicken Salad
- Tangy Thai Chicken
- Cuban Arroz Con Pollo
1 / Baked Honey Glazed Garlic Chicken
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place chicken in a foil-lined baking pan. In a measuring cup add all of the ingredients and pour mixture onto the chicken and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Cooking Tip - The best type of chickens to buy are 'free range' chickens or "natural grain fed" chickens. Although a little pricier, these chickens are fed natural grains, and allowed to run free, unlike the 'conventional chicken' that are grown in cages and fed growth hormones.
What Does Free Range Mean?
Free range is a method of farming husbandry where the animals are allowed to roam freely instead of being contained in any manner. The term is used in two senses that do not overlap completely: as a farmer-centric description of husbandry methods, and as a consumer-centric description of them. Farmers practice free range to achieve free-range or humane certification to reduce feed costs, to improve the happiness and liveliness of their animals, to produce a higher-quality product, and as a method of raising multiple crops on the same land.
Be aware, the USDA Food Safety And Inspection Service approves "free range" raising claims in the labeling of poultry products if the producer demonstrate that the birds were allowed continuous, free access to the outside for over 51 percent of their lives. Some producers may support a "free range" claim if the source birds were allowed access to a yard, regardless of whether the birds use the yard.
2 / Healthy Southern "Fried" Chicken
What Are Panko Bread Crumbs?
Panko is a variety of bread crumb used in Japanese cuisine as a crunchy coating for fried foods such as tonkatsu. Panko is made from bread without crusts, thus it has a crisper, airier texture than most types of breading found in Western cuisine. Outside Japan, it is becoming more popular for use in Asian and non-Asian dishes, and is often available in Asian markets and specialty stores. Increasingly, it is also available in many large supermarkets.
- Combine all of the marinade ingredient in a blender until smooth. Place chicken in a glass baking dish and pour marinade on it and cover and store in refrigerator for at least 4 hours. Combine the bread crumbs, chives, parmesan, and buttermilk in a shallow baking dish and coat the chicken with the mixture. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and place chicken on a non-stick pan and bake for 20 minutes on 350 degrees. Enjoy this crispy "fried chicken" with a side of home made sweet potato wedges and string beans!
Cooking With Christina, Episode #1: Chicken, Rice, & Vegetables
Watch The Video - 6:59
3 / Guilt Free Italian Chicken Parmesan
- Beat 3 egg whites in a bowl and dip chicken in mixture. On a separate plate, pour some bread crumbs and evenly coat the chicken and place in a casserole dish that has been sprayed with butter flavored pam spray. Spoon spaghetti sauce over chicken and top with the parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. If desired, top with low fat mozzarella cheese and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Serve with whole wheat pasta or salad.
4 / Glazed Chinese Chicken With Brown Rice
- Pre-heat grill and cook rice on stove top as directed on package. Mix marmalade, dressing, and diet cola in a sauce pan and heat over low heat.
5 / Grilled Greek Chicken
What Are Kalamata Olives?
'Kalamata', a large, black olive with a smooth and meatlike taste, named after the city of Kalamata, Greece, used as a table olive. These olives are usually preserved in vinegar or olive oil.
- In a bowl, mix the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, oregano and lemon juice. Cut up chicken pieces into strips. Place the chicken pieces, olives and diced tomato in the mixture, cover and marinate in the refrigerator 8 hours or overnight. Preheat grill for high heat. Place chicken mixture in aluminum foil, create pocket, add some of the marinade to keep moist and cook for approximately 30 minutes. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
6 / Caribbean Chicken Stir Fry
Perfect for a summer's night!
- Drain tropical fruit, reserving juice; set aside. Combine 1/2 cup reserved juice with soy sauce, ginger, paprika, turmeric, and allspice in a small bowl; set aside. Mix orange juice and cornstarch in a small bowl; set aside. Salt and pepper chicken. Heat oil in wok or large skillet over high heat. Add garlic and scallion and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add chicken and stir fry until no longer pink (approximately 1 minute). Add orange juice and soy sauce mixtures to the wok. Stir gently for about 30 seconds. Add fruit salad, cover and cook 2 minutes. Add orange juice with cornstarch to the wok and stir until thickened. Serve on a platter over hot jasmine rice.
7 / Mexican Chicken With Yellow Rice
- 1 Whole Chicken, Cut Into 8 Pieces, Skin Removed
- 1 Stalk Celery, Chopped Fine
- 1 Carrot, Peeled, Chopped Fine
- 1 Red Onion, Chopped Fine
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Chopped Fine
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers, Seeded And Chopped Fine
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1/4 Cup Dry White Wine
- 1 Tbsp Hot Mexican Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Spanish Saffron, Crumbled
- 4 Tbs Olive Oil
- Salt And Black Pepper To Taste
- 1 Cup Raw Long Grain Rice
- In a 4 quart pan, heat oil on medium. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken pieces and brown 4 minutes per side. Remove to plate. Discard oil, wipe out pan, and add 2 tbsp oil over medium heat. Add celery, garlic, carrot, jalapeno pepper, onion, season with salt and pepper, and saute until softened.
- Add wine, deglaze pan and mix in chicken broth, chili powder, and saffron. Add chicken, cover, bring to a boil and simmer 60 minutes. Uncover, add rice around chicken, being sure all rice is submerged, cover pan and bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve with your favorite garnishes.
8 / Mediterranean Chicken Salad
This is a delicious and heart-healthy salad. Simply serve on lettuce or spoon the salad into pita halves for a quick and delicious lunch or dinner!
- 3 Cups Cooked Chicken, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Pitted Black Olives, Drained And Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Diced Red Onion
- 1 Medium Green Pepper, Diced
- 3 Roma Tomatoes, Seeded And Diced
- 4 Ounces Feta Cheese, Crumbled
- 1/2 Cup Peeled, Seeded And Diced Cucumber
- 1/4 Cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Basil, Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Oregano, Chopped
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, olives, onion, green pepper, tomatoes, feta cheese and cucumber. Stir gently to combine ingredients. In a separate small bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, basil and oregano. Pour over chicken mixture and stir gently.
Your 12-Week Daily Video Trainer: More Recipes
Watch The Video - 10:54
9 / Tangy Thai Chicken
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/2 Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 3 Green Onions, Finely Minced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Finely Minced
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Ginger, Finely Minced
- 1 Tablespoon Hot Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Cilantro Leaves, Finely Minced
- 8 Chicken Breasts
- Salt And Freshly Ground Pepper
- Lime Slices, For Garnish
- Green Onions, For Garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine coconut milk, lime juice, rice wine vinegar, fish sauce, green onions, garlic, ginger, hot sauce, and cilantro in a small mixing bowl and mix well to combine. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken in a large zip top plastic bag and pour 1/2 of marinade over chicken. Seal bag and let marinate for 30 minutes. Add remaining marinade to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and reduce to glaze consistency.
- Place about 1/4 cup of glaze in a separate bowl and reserve. Remove chicken from marinade and brush with glaze. Place chicken, skin side down, on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake for 10 minutes. Turn chicken over and generously brush with glaze. Bake for 10-15 more minutes, or until chicken is cooked. Once chicken has cooled enough to handle, place two breasts on each of 4 plates and drizzle with reserved glaze. Garnish with lime slices and green onions.
10 / Cuban Arroz Con Pollo
This recipe requires a crock pot which is a time saver because it cooks itself all day! If you prepare in the morning it cooks all day and all you have to do is serve over rice at dinnertime!
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Heat oil in skillet and brown chicken and put chicken in crock pot.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, except peas, rice, and hot sauce. Pour over the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours. 1 hour before serving, add frozen peas. Serve over yellow or brown rice. Add hot sauce to taste.
- Follow This Discussion by:
Supreme Protein for a Supreme Body!