This is a delicious and heart-healthy salad. Simply serve on lettuce or spoon the salad into pita halves for a quick and delicious lunch or dinner!
- 3 cup chicken breast, shredded
- ½ cup black olives, sliced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 1 medium (approx 2-3/4" long, 2-1/2" dia) green bell pepper, sliced
- 3 italian tomato tomato, diced
- 4 oz reduced-fat feta cheese
- ½ cup slices cucumber, chopped
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ⅞ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp, leaves oregano
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, olives, onion, green pepper, tomatoes, feta cheese and cucumber.
- Stir gently to combine ingredients.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, basil and oregano.
- Pour over chicken mixture and stir gently.