Omelet Recipe And Shopping List
Cooking for bodybuilding can lead to a monotonous ordeal of egg whites, chicken and protein shakes. Lean, high protein food doesn't have to be bland and boring. At the Sganzini house we have developed a series of recipes for my diet but are also tasty for the rest of the family. We will be posting a recipe each month to help you discover ways to spice up your menu. Also, we have included our grocery list so you can get an idea of how to shop for our recipes.
My Favorite Omelets
Remove the boredom and tastelessness from the usual egg-white breakfast with this tasty twist!
- 5 egg whites (include 1 yolk)
- 2 strips lean turkey bacon (browned and cut into bite size pieces)
- 4 olives (sliced) or try Kalamata olives for more flavor
- 1/2 ounce feta cheese
- 3 thin slices avocado
- 1 slice roam tomato (diced)
- Scramble the egg whites and yolk and pour into a good non-stick omelet pan.
- After one side is done flip the omelet completely over (this requires some practice during to the size of the omelet).
- Spread the ingredients on 1/2 of the omelet. When the bottom is cooked, fold the omelet in half and server.
We use feta cheese because a little bit goes a long way for flavor. If you are not a feta fan, you can change to a reduced fat cheddar or mozzarella. Kalamata olives are the best, but difficult to find at some grocery stores. Usually the deli or gourmet food section will be the place to look.
A quick and painless way to cook bacon is to use the microwave. Place several napkins or paper towels on a paper plate. Put the bacon strips on top of the napkins and cover with several more napkins and another paper plate. Microwave the whole apparatus for 2 - 3 minutes until bacon is crisp Remover the bacon and throw the mess (and fat) away!
My Favorite Omelets PDF (108 KB)
The Lance Sganzini Bodybuilder Grocery Shopping List
With groceries like these in your house, you can't go wrong! You can make almost anything you want with these items and you will know that you are following a good diet with the right nutrients.
- Kalamata Olives
- Salad Dressing
- Dice Tomatoes (canned)
- Soy Milk
- Butter (the real stuff)
- Country Crock Light Spread
- "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" zero calorie butter spray
- Low or Non-Fat Cottage Cheese
- Low Fat Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Yogurt (Sugar-Free Non-Fat)
- White Fish
- Ground Beef (7% fat)
- Ground Turkey
- Turkey Bacon
- Beans (Great Northern/Garbanzo)
- White Flour
- Wheat Flour
- Brown Sugar
- Powdered Sugar
- Low-Fat Peanut Butter
- Low-Sugar Fruit Jam
- Vanilla Pudding (Sugar-Free Non-Fat)
- Golden Raisins
- Olive Oil
- Wheat Bread (Stone Mill)
- Crescent Rolls (Light)
- Tortillas (Garlic Herb)
Recommended For You
- Follow This Discussion by: