Lately, I've seen more and more people adapting the Paleo lifestyle. I have been slowly cutting out grains, dairy, and refined sugars and can already see great benefits. Once I grew accustomed to the higher fats, low carbs, and moderate proteins, my body adjusted and started to feel more energetic, lighter and leaner—even my skin has cleared up!
Although I was having great success with a Paleo plan, I was missing bread badly. I love sandwiches and morning toast. So, instead of complaining about it, I created this low-carb, grain free, dairy-free, gluten-free Paleo-inspired bread!
It's super simple, delicious, and can be dressed up with fruit, nut butters, or eggs and avocado.
Here's how to make it!
- 1/4 cup Almonds
- 1/4 Cashews
- 1/4 Walnuts
- 1/4 Macadamia Nuts
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 2 tbsp Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 Zucchini, shredded
- 1 large shredded Carrot
- 1 1/2 tbsp Psyllium Husk Powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 cage free Eggs
- 2 tbsp raw Honey
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend almonds, cashews, walnuts, and macadamia nuts into a coarse mixture.
- Mix nut mixture and the rest of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Line a loaf pan with olive oil or coconut oil spray.
- Pour batter evenly into the loaf pan.
- Bake bread for 40 minutes.
- Remove bread from loaf pan and enjoy!
Serving Size Per Slice
Recipe makes 12 slices
Paleo Bread PDF (17 KB)
I top the bread with almond butter and 88% cacao bar pieces (OMG), eggs and avocado, bacon and kale—the combinations are endless! For a sweeter option, you can add a mashed banana, natural unsweetened apple sauce, or any sort of fruit.