Creatine Cycling For Better Results
How going on and off creatine can increase the results you get from it.
Creatine Monohydrate (Full Guide) is one of the kings of the performance supplementation world. If you take it already, you already know how well it works. Here is a way you can make it work better.
Cycle on and off creatine.
- Though it hasn't been shown to cause problems when taken long term, you may be able to get better long-term results by cycling.
- Go for two to three months on a cycle of creatine use.
- After this point take about a month to six weeks off it completely.
- If you have been taking creatine for a long time and you come off it, you will notice a difference in your energy levels and strength. They will slowly begin to drop (this process takes about one month).
- This feeling will diminish with time as your body gets used to producing it's own creatine again.
- If you have been on it for a very long time (over a year) without a break, try going on and off it a few times to ease the transition, e.g. go off for two weeks, back on for two weeks, off for two more, on for one more, off for two. This will help your body get its own creatine production started again.
- The main advantage of cycling your creatine intake is that you can reload and take advantage of the extra water weight and strength that comes with reloading.
This is just one tip out of many! View the full listing of tips here.