What's Christmas without dessert? I'm not really one for fruit cake, but cookies hit the spot. Have any ideas?
It's Christmas Eve. The Christmas tree is lit, the presents are wrapped, and the kids are tucked in bed. Only one final touch remains: leaving out some cookies and milk for Santa! After all, how's he supposed to maintain the energy needed to travel across the world in one night, dropping off presents and good cheer, without a midnight snack?
This year, help Mr. Claus power his sleigh through the night with a little extra protein in the form of delicious cookies. If your Santa Claus, like mine, is into dark chocolate and protein, he is going to love these cookies. Heck, you are too! They're rich, they're gooey, they're soft, and they're intensely chocolaty. Just don't be surprised when Santa cleans the plate without leaving even one crumb behind. Ho, ho, ho!
Santa's Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 tbsp cashew nut butter
- 1/4 cup whey protein powder
- 1/4 almond milk
- 1/4 cup 100% cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 10 g 85% dark chocolate
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients together with a spoon.
- Bake as two "blobs," or four if you want to make smaller cookies. Use a nonstick or silicone cookie tray.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (160 C) for about 25 minutes, or until the cookies are baked on the top and bottom but not fully cooked through. You want them gooey and soft in the center so they're chewy instead of dry.
- Put both cookies (or one if you're not that into sharing) on a plate. Pour a glass of milk and leave them on the table for Santa!
Santa's Double Chocolate Chip Cookies PDF (141 KB)
Serving Size (1 cookie) Recipe yields 2