I'm a bodybuilder and a cinnamon roll aficionado. Is it possible to make a high-protein, low-calorie, low-carb cinnamon roll? Please say "yes."
You're in luck! The answer is indeed yes. The quickest and simplest way to go about making a protein cinnamon roll is to bake a cakey and "rollable" pancake, cut it into thick strips, coat each layer with frosting, and then roll them up. Before you eat one, top it with more frosting, cinnamon, and nuts. Your taste buds will sing!
- 1/2 cup Liquid Egg Whites
- 1/2 cup Gaspari Myofusion Cinnamon Roll Protein Powder
- 1/8 cup Oat Flour or Instant Buckwheat
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Whole Egg
- Preheat oven to 320-338 degrees F.
- Blend all ingredients for cake together.
- Pour batter into a large brownie pan. (I like to use silicone bake ware.) Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- When the cake is done, you'll notice it's pretty flat-kind of like a pancake-this is what we want. Allow cake to cool.
- While cake is cooling, mix all ingredients for frosting in a bowl.
- After cake is cooled, slice it into three or four strips and then coat each strip with frosting. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Be sure to leave some frosting for topping.
- Roll each cake strip to create the cinnamon roll.
- Top each roll with the rest of the frosting, nuts, and cinnamon.
Serving Size 1 Cinnamon Roll