Do you have a recipe for protein parfaits?
Protein parfaits have a lot going for them. Aside from being portable—and oh so delicious—they're one of the quickest and easiest things you can make with protein powder. If you're hitting the gym early in the morning, you can make a few parfaits in advance, stick them in the fridge overnight, and nosh one (or two!) when you get back from your workout.
If you really want to boost the sweet factor, incorporate some fresh fruit. Summertime is just around the corner! Cherries, strawberries, blueberries, and peaches are all great options to layer into your parfait. When you want something cold, soft, and creamy, reach for this seasonally inspired treat.
- 1 big pot (250 g) of 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/4 cup raspberries (or strawberries, if you prefer)
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp flaked coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp granulated Stevia (or your sweetener of choice)
- Mix together the whey and yogurt using a whisk, fork, or food processor to ensure your mix is smooth and creamy.
- In a nonstick pan, heat up the oats, coconut, Stevia, and cinnamon until they start dancing together and brown up a bit.
- To assemble your parfait, just layer the yogurt and whey mixture with seasonal berries and the coconut mix.
- Let your parfait chill in the fridge for an hour or overnight. Can't wait to indulge? Enjoy it right away!
Serving Size (1 serving) Recipe yields 2 servings
Protein Parfait PDF (147 KB)