You don't have to be Bugs Bunny to know that carrots are good for you—but what about cake? Usually not so much. Well, now you can have your carrots and eat your cake too with this incredible, protein-rich carrot cake-cookie recipe!
- Rolled oats 1 cup (80 g)
- Vanilla protein powder 2 scoops
- Coconut flour 6 tbsp (45 g)
- Ground cinnamon 2 tsp
- Salt 1/8 tsp
- Coconut oil 1-1/2 tbsp (21 g)
- Egg whites 2 large
- Vanilla extract 2 tsp
- Sugar-free syrup 3 oz
- Carrots 3 oz (85 g)
- White chocolate chips and/or raisins (optional)
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Fat-free cream cheese 2 tbsp (66 g)
- Fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt 1/4 container
- Vanilla extract 1/2 tsp
- Take out two bowls (one for your dry ingredients and one for your wet ingredients) and put your carrots off to the side.
- Add all of your dry ingredients into one bowl and lightly mix them together.
- Add all of your wet ingredients into the other bowl, and mix them together until everything is incorporated. Mix the dry ingredients into your wet ingredients.
- Chop up, grate, or process your carrots.
- Chill your cookie dough in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- Take out a baking sheet, and line it with either some parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Shape your cookies and place them on your sheet
- Bake them at 325 degrees F (162 C) for 10-13 minutes.
Nutrition Facts (Cookie with cream cheese frosting)
- Serving size: 1 cookie with 1/6 frosting
- Recipe yields: 6 servings
- Calories: 206
- Fat: 6 g
- Carbs: 22 g
- Protein: 16 g