BUILD: PURE PROTEIN FORMULA
"Build is made from a top-quality whey protein isolate that delivers 24 grams of protein per serving and over a whopping 3 grams of leucine per serving. Couple that with minimal carb and fat content, and you've got a very pure source of a highly anabolic protein that tastes unbelievable.
When I set out to make Carbon Build, I didn’t set out to revolutionize the protein market, but bring it back to what really matters: high-quality protein at an extremely affordable price. I did six years of research concerning different protein sources, and what I found is that protein isn’t magic. You just need to get enough of it from quality places."
- DR. LAYNE NORTON, PHD
Question & Answer
Q: WHY IS WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE USED IN BUILD?
A: "In my research, my colleagues and I consistently found evidence that whey protein is the most anabolic protein for muscle when compared gram per gram against other protein sources.(1,2)* Amongst the whey proteins on the market, all seem equally anabolic. There’s nothing wrong with a whey protein concentrate, and it’s less expensive than an isolate."
Q: WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BUILD?
A: "Whey protein has a long track record of supporting muscle protein synthesis and promoting muscle mass and strength in people who lift weights.(3,4)* I also mentioned the leucine content. Leucine is the amino acid responsible for increasing muscle protein synthesis and driving muscle growth. Three grams, the amount in a serving of Build, is the potential threshold amount needed to maximize the rate of muscle protein synthesis in humans.(5)* Build makes sure that you hit your leucine threshold with each and every scoop so you don’t leave any gains in the bottle."
1. Norton LE, Layman DK, Bunpo P, Anthony TG, Brana DV, Garlick PJ. The leucine content of a complete meal directs peak activation but not duration of skeletal muscle protein synthesis and mammalian target of rapamycin signaling in rats. J Nutr. 2009 Jun;139(6):1103-9.
2. Norton LE, Wilson GJ, Layman DK, Moulton CJ, Garlick PJ. Leucine content of dietary proteins is a determinant of postprandial skeletal muscle protein synthesis in adult rats. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2012 Jul 20;9(1):67.
3. Witard OC, Jackman SR, Breen L, Smith K, Selby A, Tipton KD. Myofibrillar muscle protein synthesis rates subsequent to a meal in response to increasing doses of whey protein at rest and after resistance exercise. Am J Clin Nutr. 2014 Jan;99(1):86-95.
4. Volek JS, Volk BM, Gómez AL, Kunces LJ, Kupchak BR, Freidenreich DJ, Aristizabal JC, Saenz C, Dunn-Lewis C, Ballard KD, Quann EE, Kawiecki DL, Flanagan SD, Comstock BA, Fragala MS, Earp JE, Fernandez ML, Bruno RS, Ptolemy AS, Kellogg MD, Maresh CM, Kraemer WJ. Whey protein supplementation during resistance training augments lean body mass. J Am Coll Nutr. 2013;32(2):122-35.
5. Norton LE, Wilson GJ. Optimal protein intake and frequency to maximize muscle protein synthesis. Agro Food Industry HiTech. 2009;20(2):54-57.
ABOUT CARBON BY LAYNE NORTON
"I’ve been in the iron game for 20 years as a scientist, champion natural bodybuilder, raw elite powerlifter, and physique architect for a long list of pro clients. I thrive on research and results. Because I saw a need for well-formulated supplements that completely cut the BS, I developed my own line that smart lifters could trust: CARBON.
CARBON supplements are tools for those who train hard, eat smart, and care about what they put in their bodies. They’re grounded in a combination of cutting-edge and time-tested research, developed for lifters who understand that supplements aren’t a magic fix.
I’m not about using hot new ingredients backed by one flimsy study, or adding a sprinkle of actives to my products. I care only about using scientifically proven ingredients in efficacious doses to help you repair, build, and maximize your muscle growth."
- DR. LAYNE NORTON, PHD
Ratings & Reviews
What's in Carbon by Layne Norton Build
Directions For Build: Mix one scoop of Carbon Build with at least 8-12 oz. of water or the beverage of your choice. Vary the amount of liquid to achieve your desired consistency and taste. Consume daily to help meet your dietary protein requirements.
Warnings: Do not use as a sole source of nutrition. Use this product as a food supplement only. Do not use for weight reduction. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose. Keep out of reach of children. Check with a qualified healthcare professional before taking this product if you are pregnant, nursing a baby, under 18 years of age, or if you have any known or suspected medical condition(s) and/or are taking any prescription or OTC medication(s). Store in a cool, dry place. Concerning California Residents: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or reproductive harm.