Pure Protein Formula
When I set out to make Carbon Build, I didn’t set out to revolutionize the protein market, but bring it back to what really matters: high-quality protein at an extremely affordable price. I did six years of research concerning different protein sources, and what I found is that protein isn’t magic. You just need to get enough of it from quality places.
So, instead of trying to reinvent the wheel by formulating some “magic protein” comprised of small amounts of obscure proteins so I could claim my blend is somehow better than everyone else’s and charge more money for it, I decided to get back to basics. That’s what Build is. It’s not fancy. It’s not sexy. It just works.
Build is made from a top-quality whey protein isolate that delivers 24 grams of protein per serving and over a whopping 3 grams of leucine per serving. Couple that with minimal carb and fat content, and you've got a very pure source of a highly anabolic protein that tastes unbelievable.
Dr. Layne Norton, PHD
Why’d I use whey protein isolate? In my research, my colleagues and I consistently found evidence that whey protein is the most anabolic protein for muscle when compared gram per gram against other protein sources.(1,2)* Amongst the whey proteins on the market, all seem equally anabolic. There’s nothing wrong with a whey protein concentrate, and it’s less expensive than an isolate.
However, there is a large population of people who don’t tolerate or digest whey protein concentrate well, and a sizable dose of whey concentrate can send them running to the bathroom. Furthermore ,a concentrate has a much higher concentration of carbohydrate and fat than isolate. So to make Build as clean and effective to the largest possible audience, I went with isolate.
Some supplement aficionados have suggested that whey hydrolysate may be superior to isolate for muscle growth, but that is not supported by any scientific data. A hydrolysate is also more expensive and does not taste nearly as good as an isolate. The only benefit for a hydrolysate is that it’s very easily digested and tolerated by even the most sensitive of stomachs.
The Benefits of Build
Whey protein has a long track record of supporting muscle protein synthesis and promoting muscle mass and strength in people who lift weights.(3,4)* I also mentioned the leucine content. Leucine is the amino acid responsible for increasing muscle protein synthesis and driving muscle growth. Three grams, the amount in a serving of Build, is the potential threshold amount needed to maximize the rate of muscle protein synthesis in humans.(5)* Build makes sure that you hit your leucine threshold with each and every scoop so you don’t leave any gains in the bottle.
TRY Carbon Build
I’ve been studying protein metabolism for years. I want the best when it comes to protein supplementation, and I want you to have the best, too. Build tastes great, is low-carb, contains very little fat, and is packed with highly anabolic whey protein isolate. Try it today to help build the strength and size you deserve.
- Norton LE, Layman DK, Bunpo P, Anthony TG, Brana DV, Garlick PJ. The leucine content of a complete meal directs peak activation but not duration of skeletal muscle protein synthesis and mammalian target of rapamycin signaling in rats. J Nutr. 2009 Jun;139(6):1103-9.
- Norton LE, Wilson GJ, Layman DK, Moulton CJ, Garlick PJ. Leucine content of dietary proteins is a determinant of postprandial skeletal muscle protein synthesis in adult rats. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2012 Jul 20;9(1):67.
- Witard OC, Jackman SR, Breen L, Smith K, Selby A, Tipton KD. Myofibrillar muscle protein synthesis rates subsequent to a meal in response to increasing doses of whey protein at rest and after resistance exercise. Am J Clin Nutr. 2014 Jan;99(1):86-95.
- Volek JS, Volk BM, Gómez AL, Kunces LJ, Kupchak BR, Freidenreich DJ, Aristizabal JC, Saenz C, Dunn-Lewis C, Ballard KD, Quann EE, Kawiecki DL, Flanagan SD, Comstock BA, Fragala MS, Earp JE, Fernandez ML, Bruno RS, Ptolemy AS, Kellogg MD, Maresh CM, Kraemer WJ. Whey protein supplementation during resistance training augments lean body mass. J Am Coll Nutr. 2013;32(2):122-35.
- Norton LE, Wilson GJ. Optimal protein intake and frequency to maximize muscle protein synthesis. Agro Food Industry HiTech. 2009;20(2):54-57.
Ratings & Reviews
What's in Carbon by Layne Norton Build
Directions For Build: Mix one scoop of Carbon Build with at least 8-12 oz. of water or the beverage of your choice. Vary the amount of liquid to achieve your desired consistency and taste. Consume daily to help meet your dietary protein requirements.
Warnings: Do not use as a sole source of nutrition. Use this product as a food supplement only. Do not use for weight reduction. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose. Keep out of reach of children. Check with a qualified healthcare professional before taking this product if you are pregnant, nursing a baby, under 18 years of age, or if you have any known or suspected medical condition(s) and/or are taking any prescription or OTC medication(s). Store in a cool, dry place. Concerning California Residents: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or reproductive harm.