Making protein French toast is extremely easy and simple: Just whisk a few very basic ingredients together, dunk in your bread of choice, warm up a nonstick pan with a bit of coconut oil or low-calorie cooking spray, and—pow!—you're done. Simple, quick, and delicious!
You can also play around with your flavors by adding cinnamon to your batter, some vanilla essence, orange peel, or even ginger spice! The sky's the limit to what you can top your protein French toast with, too. Try maple syrup, nut or seed butter, or even bacon.
Protein French toast is a great alternative to protein pancakes and a fun way for you to continue playing around with your protein powder in the kitchen!
Just finished shooting the next recipe for my column at @bodybuildingcom! It will feature *drumroll*... Protein French Toast - a classic #proteinpow recipe to inspire people to #ThinkOutsideTheShake ? I'll post the full #recipe in the comments below once it goes live next week. Have a great rest of your Sunday!!!!! ?
Vanilla whey 1/4 cup
Almond milk 1/2 cup
Bread 3 slices
- In a big bowl, whisk your whey, eggs, and milk until all lumps disappear.
- Dunk your bread slices into the egg batter, making sure they're completely submerged. Leave the bread to soak for a couple of minutes so that each slice is fully saturated with the batter.
- Turn your stove to high and add some coconut oil or nonfat cooking spray to a nonstick pan.
- Fry up your batter-soaked bread one piece at a time.
- Flip, plate, and garnish with your topping of choice—maple syrup, calorie-free pancake syrup, nut butter, bacon, ham, or fruit. All go wonderfully well together.
Serving size: 3 slices stack
Recipe yields: 1 serving