Give French toast an extra muscle-building kick with this sweet breakfast recipe that's high in protein and big on flavor!
- ¼ cup(s) vanilla whey protein powder
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 egg
- 3 slice regular multi-grain bread
- In a big bowl, whisk your whey, eggs, and milk until all lumps disappear.
- Dunk your bread slices into the egg batter, making sure they're completely submerged. Leave the bread to soak for a couple of minutes so that each slice is fully saturated with the batter.
- Turn your stove to high and add some coconut oil or nonfat cooking spray to a nonstick pan.
- Fry up your batter-soaked bread one piece at a time.
- Flip, plate, and garnish with your topping of choice—maple syrup, calorie-free pancake syrup, nut butter, bacon, ham, or fruit. All go wonderfully well together.
- Note: Bear in mind that your macros will change depending on what kind of bread you use! Also, if you're watching your fat intake, feel to use egg whites instead of whole eggs.