Name: Dr. Sara Solomon
Occupation: Dentist, Team Bodybuilding.com and Gaspari Athlete.
Education: BSc Physiotherapy, certified personal trainer
We're making my guilt-free pizza. Let's get fired up! This is an awesome recipe because it's gluten-free, low-carb, and dairy-free. So for those unlucky people out there who get dairy-rrhea, I've got your back.
This recipe also has a lot more nutritional value than a regular pizza. The ground chicken "crust" provides a meal's worth of protein and the vegetables and flax seed are fibrous and full of vitamins. This recipe is also great because you can hearken back to your college days and eat an entire half of the pizza! Pack the other half for lunch the next day and you'll be the envy of your coworkers.
Instead of dialing Dominos, dial in your physique with this recipe. It's delicious, and it's much better for any muscle-building or fat-loss plan you might be following.
Dr. Sara's Guilt-Free Pizza Recipe
Watch The Video - 4:45
- 8 oz extra-lean ground chicken
- 1 tbsp flax seed
- Sprinkle of seasoning of your choice (I use Mrs. Dash)
- 1-2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/8 cup Daiya cheese
- 1/4 cup spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup broccoli, chopped
- 3-4 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line round pan with aluminum foil.
- Place ground chicken in pan.
- Add flax seed and seasoning to pan.
- With your hands, mix chicken, flax seed, and seasoning.
- Form chicken to bottom of pan.
- Spread tomato sauce to half pizza.
- Sprinkle one side with nutritional yeast and the other with half of the Daiya cheese.
- Garnish pizza with spinach, broccoli, tomatoes, and mushrooms.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from pan, and cut into quarters.
- Eat it just like you would a slice of pizza!
Guilt-Free Pizza PDF (135 KB)
Recipe yields 2 servings