As promised, I have 8 recipes that include 8 different ingredients from my Top 10 list of metabolism boosting foods. Remember, the main ingredients in these dishes have positive effects on your metabolism, cognition, general health, longevity and various other benefits.
So try to follow the ingredients list as closely as you can. Not every recipe is 'Bodybuilder' diet friendly, but if you need to, you can substitute and exchange certain ingredients to fit the meal plan you're currently on. Happy eating!
meal 1 Psyllium Husk Pancakes
- 1 c. egg whites
- 1/2 c. water
- 2 tbsp. psyllium husks
- 3-4 "poofs" of cinnamon
- 2-3 Splenda packets
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Wait about 2-3 minutes for the psyllium to absorb the water so it becomes harder.
- Pour mixture into a pan.
- When one side starts to brown, flip it over like a pancake until the other side is the same colour. DRINK WITH A LOT OF WATER!
Psyllium Husk Pancakes PDF (20 KB)
meal 2 Barbecue Salmon Steaks
- 4 x 4-6 oz. salmon steaks
- 3 tbsp Melted butter
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp White wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Grated lemon peel
- 1/4 tsp Garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Combine the sauce ingredients stirring thoroughly. Generously brush both sides of the salmon steaks with mixture.
- Barbecue on a well-oiled grill over hot coals. Make a tent of foil or use barbecue cover and place over salmon. Barbecue 6-8 minutes per side depending on the thickness of your steaks.
- Baste frequently. Turn once, brushing with sauce. Steaks should flake easily when tested with a fork.
Barbecue Salmon Steaks PDF (21 KB)
Meal 3 Creamy Spinach Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 10 ounce package frozen chopped https://www.bodybuilding.com/store, thawed and drained
- 1 8 ounce can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed, until smooth.
- Blend in sour cream. Add https://www.bodybuilding.com/store, water chestnuts, red pepper and salad dressing mix. Mix until blended.
- Chill for about 2 hours to meld flavors together.
Creamy Spinach Dip PDF (20 KB)
Meal 4 Cajun Blackened Turkey Breast
- 4 x 6 oz (175 g) each turkey breast steaks or pieces turkey breast
- 2 TBSP melted butter
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Flatten turkey steaks to 3/8-inch (6 mm) thickness; brush with butter.
- In small bowl mix together Cajun Seasoning ingredients. Sprinkle over both sides of turkey to coat well.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom skillet over medium-high heat. Cook turkey 2 to 3 minutes per side. (Turkey will smoke a bit.)
Cajun Blackened Turkey Breast PDF (20 KB)
Meal 5 Homemade Granola
- 1-1/2 cups quick rolled oats, uncooked
- 2 cups bran cereal flakes
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large jellyroll pan with parchment paper or Silpat baking liners.
- Place rolled oats, bran cereal flakes, sunflower seeds, raisins, sesame seeds, pecans, and coconut in a large mixing bowl. Toss gently, taking care not to break the cereal flakes.
- Place oil, honey, molasses, and vanilla in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, mixing to combine.
- Pour the honey mixture over the granola and toss gently until completely coated. Spread the granola evenly over the lined jellyroll pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown. Let cool to room temperature before storing in airtight containers.
Homemade Granola PDF (20 KB)
meal 6 Broccoli Garden Soup
- 3 cups of broccoli, chopped
- 6 cups of yams, peeled and chopped
- 6 cups of Chicken Broth (with fat removed), divided
- 2 Medium Onions, chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1 cup of Celery Tops, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground Allspice (opt)
- 2 cups of Watercress, chopped
- Ground Pepper to taste
- Simmer the yams, covered, in two cups chicken broth 10 minutes or until soft; puree in food mill or processor. Set aside.
- In large pot with cover, saute the onions and garlic in oil until the onions are translucent and starting to brown. Add celery. Saute a few minutes, Add broccoli and remaining chicken broth.
- Simmer, covered, eight minutes or until tender-crisp. Stir in puree; add seasonings.
- Serve immediately or serve chilled. Top each portion with 1/4 cup chopped watercress.
Broccoli Garden Soup PDF (21 KB)
meal 7 Blueberry Nut Oat Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups oat bran
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/8 cups applesauce
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/4 ounce chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup low fat granola
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper muffin liners, and spray liners with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the oat bran, flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In a separate bowl, blend the applesauce, egg substitute, canola oil, and vanilla extract. Thoroughly mix the applesauce mixture into the flour mixture.
- Fold in the blueberries and pecans. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle batter with granola, and press granola lightly to make it stick.
- Bake 18 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Blueberry Nut Oat Muffins PDF (20 KB)
meal 8 Roasted Almonds With Coriander, Chili & Olive Oil
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almonds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 to 3 small dried red chilli peppers
- 2 generous pinches of sea salt
- Add the olive oil and almonds to a hot saute pan. Saute and kind of toast the almonds until golden brown, shaking the pan regularly to color them evenly and accentuate their nutty flavor.
- Crumble in the chili and coriander to taste and add the sea salt.
- Toss over and serve hot on a large plate.
Roasted Almonds With Coriander, Chili & Olive Oil PDF (21 KB)