The two toughest parts of a healthy diet for most people are eating more protein and eating fewer carbs. Wouldn't it be lovely if you could load up on protein—and nothing but protein—in what tastes like a carbolicious baked good?
Yeah, we thought so too. Our Almond Butter Protein Pancakes contain just 6 grams of carbs and 3 grams of fat, but a whopping 36 grams of protein. Whip one up any time you've got the munchies, or multiply the recipe and store enough in the fridge to last all week.
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ tsp natural almond butter
- 2 tsp Splenda
- Combine the whey protein and Splenda in a bowl, then add the egg whites, water, and almond butter. If your almond butter is thick, you can microwave it for a few seconds to make it easier to blend.
- Heat a greased skillet over medium heat. Pour batter out to form one pancake, and cook on each side for 90 seconds.
- Throw it in your mouth naked, or top with more almond butter.