Who doesn't love waking up to a heaping stack of pancakes? They're the ultimate morning comfort food. This recipe for everyone's favorite breakfast staple offers up a little something extra: a hearty dose of protein!
I love this recipe because the combination of banana, peanut butter, and vanilla-cupcake protein makes it a dessert-like treat that meets my macros while satisfying my sweet tooth. I usually use bananas and peanut butter, but feel free to dress these hotcakes with any topping of your choice.
Strawberries, blueberries, sugar-free syrup, and even a little yogurt make for delicious pairings!
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl. Whisk until mixed.
- Pour mixture into a blender.
- Add wet ingredients directly to the blender. Cover with a lid and blend until they reach a batter-like consistency.
- Heat a nonstick pan on medium-high. Spray with coconut oil.
- Pour in batter. Allow pancake to cook on one side. Flip, cook on opposite side, and plate.
- Top pancakes with one tablespoon almond butter and half of a sliced banana.
- Serving size: 1 pancake
- Recipe yields: 3 servings
- Calories 308
- Fat 12.2 g
- Carbs 38 g
- Protein 12.3 g