To some people, the idea of 'protein chocolate' is a bit… out there. You might ask, "why combine a supplement like protein with a yummy dessert like chocolate?" Why not? By combining protein with chocolate, you end up with a sweet treat that's more filling and better for you. You can make your own protein chocolate using any type of chocolate you like: white, dark, milk, vegan, sugar free…anything goes.
All you need for this recipe is your favorite chocolate bar, a scoop of whey protein, and your favorite extras (ideally nuts, but seeds or dried fruit work, too). Even if you're thinking, "I'd rather just have some chicken and a bit of regular chocolate on the side, thanks," give this a shot anyway, okay? It's fun! Plus, trying it will inspire you to customize your own perfect slab of chocolatey deliciousness.
- Chocolate bar, 100 g
- Unflavored whey, 1 scoop
- Hazelnuts and peanuts, 25 g
- Melt your chocolate.
- Once the chocolate has melted, quickly whisk in whey and nuts.
- Pour mixture into a chocolate mold or a tray lined with baking paper.
- Let it set up in the fridge for a couple of hours, or the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Serving size: 15 g
- Recipe yields: 10 servings
- Calories: 48
- Fat: 3 g
- Carbs: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g