| Article Summary:
Why It Works To Slim Your Abs!
Radiologists and gastroenterologists claim that, after looking at many peoples livers, 50% of middle-aged Americans have a condition called "fatty liver". The most common causes are poor diet, excessive use of alcohol, toxic chemicals, heavy metals, and hepatitis.
Liver disease has many symptoms: nausea, vomiting, malaise, fatigue, yellowing of the skin and/or eyes, and a swollen abdomen. The list goes on and on. You can easily determine if your liver function is not right by having a blood test. Luckily, there are many methods of detoxifying your liver.
Before you jump into a liver detoxification process, you should know some of the key nutrients needed to insure its success. An adequate supply of the antioxidants vitamin C, selenium, beta carotene, vitamin E, and N-acetyl-cysteine(NAC) is very much needed. The amino acid SAM-E is an important component in liver health.
This article will show the relation of these nutrients and different ways to detoxify your liver, as well as how each of those methods actually works in your body.
Milk thistle is a plant originally from Southern Europe and North Africa. It can also be found in Southern Russia and Asia Minor.
Its use, as it pertains to liver detoxification, is derived from a flavonoid, called silymarin, found in the seeds. Herbalists, including a group of scientists known as Commission E, recognize that silymarin protects the liver by altering and strengthening the outer cell membrane of hepatacytes (liver cells).
It also stimulates the natural regenerative capabilities of the liver and helps in the formation of new heptacytes through the activation of the enzyme nucleolar polymerase A.
Oral chelation is used to detoxify the liver based on the belief that a small amount of heavy metals are ingested by many people. These minute amounts accumulate over the years and begin to effect liver function. To stop their effect you need to eliminate these heavy metals. The best way to do this is through your stool. That is why you should have 2-3 bowel movements per day when detoxifying your liver in this manner.
| What Is Chelation?
Chelation is the binding or complexation of a bi- or multidentate ligand. These ligands, which are often organic compounds, are called chelants, chelators, chelating agents, or sequestering agent. Chelating agents form multiple bonds with a single metal ion. Chelants, according to ASTM-A-380, are "chemicals that form soluble, complex molecules with certain metal ions, inactivating the ions so that they cannot normally react with other elements or ions to produce precipitates or scale."
Most of the supplements in this program target the mercury in your body. Mercury, and other heavy metals, lead to the release of "free radicals" that can cause cancer. Some of the supplements pull the mercury from your body tissue, while others bind to the freed metal. All combine to get the metals into your stool so that your body can eliminate them.
The "Liver Flush" theory holds that there are dozens of gallstones that are choking the connection between the liver and the gallbladder (the biliary duct). Because of this the liver does not produce enough bile and what bile is formed is full of the bacteria and toxins the liver filters from your body.
- Apple juice or malic acid supplements.
- 4 tblspoons of Epsom Salts.
- 1/2 Cup of Virgin Olive Oil.
- 1 big grapefruit, or 3 lemons.
- For 4-5 days before your liver flush, eat as many apples, or drink as many apple juice as you can. You can take malic acid supplements if you wish if you can't drink the juice. In the last 2 days, drink 8 oz of apple juice every 2-3 hours. Doing this will help ensure the liver flush is successful.
- On day 6, eat a light breakfast with no fat. This enables the bile in your liver to accumulate, putting pressure in your liver. This pressure will eliminate more stones in your liver.
- At 2:00 PM, the same day, mix 4 tblspoons of Epsom Salts in 3 cups of water, pouring all this into some jar. Do NOT drink or consume any foods after 2 PM. This is extremely important! Put this jar in the cooler/refrigerator to make it cold.
- At 6:00 PM, drink 3/4 cup of this mixture. It will taste very bad... but you can add 1/8 tablespoons of powdered Vitamin C to make it taste better.
- At 8 PM, drink another 3/4 cup of thix mixture. Get all your errands done, and prepare for the liver flush. You shouldn't be doing ANYTHING after doing a liver flush, just lying down and sleeping.
- At 9:45 PM, pour 1/2 cup of virgin olive oil into a jar. Squeeze the entire grapefruit into the mix, removing the pulp with a fork, or chopsticks. You should have 1/2 to 3/4 cups of grapefruit juice mixed with the virgin olive oil the jar. Close the jar, and shake it very hard until it is all liquid.
- At 10 PM, drink this mixture. You may drink it through some large straw if that makes it easier for you. Try to get it all down by 5 mins or so.
- Lay down in your bed as soon as you are down. This is crucial, and most people do this wrong. Don't do any work, don't even bother brushing your teeth! Just lay down immediately! Lay on your right side, with your right knee up towards your chin for 20 or so mins. Stay still, and try not to move at all. Try to sleep.
- The next morning, when you wake up, drink a 3rd dose of your 3/4 cup Epsom salts. You can go back to sleep afterwards.
- Two hours later, drink the last dose of Epsom salts.
- Only after 2 more hours can you eat anything, but do not eat solid fruits just yet. Start with liquids, and move slowly to fruit.
| How Do You Do A Liver Flush?
To start a simple liver cleanse, this is what you will need:
The next morning, you can expect some sort of diarrhea (this is caused by the Epsom salts). You may see some gallstones afterwards. Some people just eliminate regular wastes, but others eliminate hundreds of gallstones. Look for green, round things - these are gallstones. if they're floating and green, they are gallstones.
The "Liver Flush" reverses this by causing those gallstones to soften or break up so that they can be removed in your bowel. This is a complicated process, but all of the information that you will need is available on the internet for free.
Lastly, there is the coffee enema. The use of coffee is for liver detoxification, not colon cleansing. As funny as it may sound, it has been used in cancer therapy and alternative medicine for years.
There is a duct in the sigmoid colon that connects it to the liver. It is referred to as the entero-hepatic circulation system. Toxins are transferred from the stool to the liver to be neutralized. The caffeine causes the bile ducts to empty into the sigmoid colon. This releases the toxins from the liver and allows them to be eliminated in the stool.
All of these methods of liver detoxification are safe to be used by people in good health, who are weak, and those who are ill. The basics of liver detoxification revolve around eliminating the build up of toxins in the liver.
|RELATED ABDOMINAL WALLPAPERS|
Whether they do it by removing heavy metals or opening obstructions between the liver and the gallbladder, they all acknowledge the great importance of a healthy liver. A healthy liver is smaller than one filled with toxins; this causes a slimmer abdomen and better looking abs.