Competitive Record ///
- 2002 Fitness Olympia - 2nd
- 2002 Jan Tana Pro Fitness - 1st
- 2002 Show of Strength Pro Fitness - 1st
- 2002 Southwest Pro Fitness - 1st
- 2001 Fitness Olympia - 3rd
- 2001 Pittsburgh Pro Fitness - 1st
- 2001 JAN TANA CLASSIC - 1st
- 2001 Fitness International - 2nd
- 2000 Fitness Olympia - 2nd
- 2000 Fitness Inernational - 1st place
- 1999 IFBB Fitness Olympia - 2nd place
- 1999 IFBB Jan Tana Classic - 1st place
- 1999 World Pro Fitness - 2nd place
- 1998 Ms. Fitness America - 1st place
- 1998 Team Universe Fitness Championships - 1st place and overall winner
- 1996 NPC Junior USA Fitness - 3rd
Part of the reason the Fitness America Pageant has become so popular is because of the ever-improving fitness routines. Each year, the standard is raised higher as ex-gymnasts, aerobic champions, and professional dancers find their way into the event. Like Kelly Ryan, from Columbia, South Carolina.
Kelly Ryan has spent most of her life preparing to win an Olympic gold medal in gymnastics. Kelly studied under the famous Bela Karolyi for six years alongside champion gymnasts like Mary Lou Retton, and was the National Champion in gymnastics from age 9 to 11.
However, the lonely, spartan life of elite Olympic-level gymnasts was not for her, and she lefl the mats and parallel bars behind, Kelly's athletic career was in limbo until 1995, when she saw the Fitness America Pageant on ESPN, and she immediately signed up.
She won her first regional competition in Atlanta, and also at the ESPN 2 Series in New York City, Kelly was the darling of the routine round at the National Championships, finishing first out of 70 competitors, and was the only contestant to receive a standing ovation. This year, she solidified her reputation by beating 115 women at the Lifequest Triple Crown, then winning another ESPN 2 Series event with an even more spectacular routine.
The ESPN show American Muscle recently ran a proille of this charming southern belle that endeared even more fans to her. When she comes to Redondo Beach this year, there will no doubt be a huge cheering section just for Kelly Ryan.