Name: Zuzka Light
Occupation: Fitness model, online personal trainer
One of my secrets to a lean and fit body is daily exercise. I believe that consistency is the key when it comes to fitness, health, or any goal you want to achieve. If you can do something that will get you a little bit further every single day, changes will become inevitable and visible in no time.
The biggest challenge for most people is their busy lifestyle and lack of time. Most of my clients and followers have spouses, children, full-time jobs and a host of other commitments that keep their daily calendar overloaded. I never accuse people of making excuses for not having the time to exercise, because I get it. I don't have time to work out either, and that's why I have to be creative to find a solution for this common problem.
What I realized was that most busy people barely have 20 minutes to spare for their workout. It's sad, but unfortunately it's a reality. From stay-at-home moms to CEOs of big companies, you'll find people who work really hard and barely have any time for themselves. Some days are better than others, but the question is, do you have to skip your training altogether? Is life just a constant struggle of taking one step forward and two steps back?
Those are the questions I asked myself a couple months ago when I came up with my 5-minute workout series, which I call Z-Blasts. These workouts are perfect for maintenance and to keep you on the right track. Your body gets the healthy amount of daily exercise no matter what's going on in your life. My Z-Blasts are simple, high in intensity and awesome energy boosters. You'll be amazed by what a Z-Blast can do for your mood!
The workout I have for you today is bodyweight-only, and you can do it anywhere, even when traveling and staying in a small hotel room. Another great thing about my Z-Blasts is that you can combine them together into a 15-minute workout, or you can do one 5-minute workout in the morning and a different one in the evening.
I have a lot of moms doing just that, because they can't take more than 5 minutes at a time for themselves when they're taking care of their little ones. Others like to do a quick 5-minute workout before they go to work and then again as soon as they come home in the evening.
Zuzka Light's Six Pack Abs Secret Part 3
Watch The Video - 9:06
- To start, your body should form a straight line. Don't drop or raise your hips.
- Bend your elbows to lower your torso to the ground. Push yourself up to return to the starting position. That's one of your five reps.
- Focus on keeping your midsection tight throughout. Imagine somebody is going to punch you in the stomach. What do you do? You tense your muscles. That's what you want to do here.
- Stare at the floor to align your head with your spine throughout. Don't look up.
- Start in a push-up position.
- Jump forward without changing your arm or hand position.
- Jump back to the starting position to complete one of your five reps.
- Stand up with your arms at your sides. This is the starting position.
- Jump up, bringing your knees as high as you can, and slap your hands on your knees at the top.
- When you land, you have completed one of your five reps.