If you're vegetarian or vegan, meeting protein needs can be tough. This protein-packed tofu recipe provides the protein your muscles need and the taste your palate deserves!
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup light soy sauce
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp sesame seed oil
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 pinch table salt
- 12 oz tofu, firm
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Mix brown sugar, soy sauce, chili flakes, sesame oil, garlic cloves, ginger and sea salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Pour olive oil into sauce pan and heat.
- Fry tofu in pan for about 10 minutes.
- Pour sauce into pan and cook for 3-5 minutes. Sauce will thicken and the tofu will absorb much of it.
- When tofu is done, pour over your favorite carb source and eat up!