This tangy pineapple chicken is a great way to satisfy your sweet cravings, hit your protein goals, and stick to your diet. Serve over a bed of brown or wild rice if you want the extra carbs for more performance fuel.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 diced yellow bell pepper
- 12 oz chicken breast
- 3 tbsp low-sugar ketchup
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp splenda
- ½ cup pineapple, raw
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- Heat olive oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Add in onions and peppers; saute until golden brown.
- Add chicken and continue to stir-fry until no longer pink inside.
- Combine together the ketchup, soy sauce, Splenda, and pineapple juice and add to the pan.
- Lower heat and cover, simmering for 20 minutes.
- Before serving, top with pineapple.