Loaded with saturated fat and chock-full of calories, regular potato salad is one of the worst side dishes you can choose. Lighten up with this version using sweet potatoes. A refreshing spin on a classic favorite, it's sweet and spicy and works perfectly alongside any main protein offering.
- 3½ cup sweet potato, cut into cubes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tbsp honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 whole diced red bell pepper
- 1 whole diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tbsp orange zest
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the potatoes, and add salt and pepper to taste. Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Blend together the remaining oil, vinegar, honey, peppers, cumin, orange zest, and mint leaves.
- Once potatoes are cooked, toss with dressing. Then sprinkle the green onions and raisins over top. Serve immediately.