Want a low-carb breakfast option to start your day? Try poached eggs over kale. The combination of gooey egg yolk and crisp kale will be enough to make your taste buds dance, and with a healthy balance of proteins, fats, and fiber, your muscles will thank you. For a refreshing, citrus finish, serve with a slice of orange.
- 2 whole egg
- 1 tsp garlic, pureed
- 3 cup kale, diced
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- Add olive oil to a skillet along with garlic and heat.
- Add kale and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until wilted. Transfer to a plate.
- Boil a large pot of water. Reduce the heat and add 1 tablespoon of white vinegar. Slide the eggs into the water and allow them to cook for 3-4 minutes or until whites are no longer translucent.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the eggs from the water and set on top of the steamed kale.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.