There's something about brownies that makes us all want to throw our meal plans out the window. At least with these peanut butter swirl brownies, you know exactly what you're getting yourself into. Using agave, coconut sugar, coconut oil, and extra-dark baking chocolate, they're made with whole food ingredients and are completely dairy free, so you know you're getting the healthiest version of this chocolatey treat.
- ⅔ cup baking flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp table salt
- ½ cup BBF Virgin Organic Coconut Oil
- 2 oz square bakers baking chocolate, unsweetened
- 4 oz (approx 60 pcs) semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup BBF Organic Coconut Sugar
- 3 whole egg
- 2 tsp BBF Organic Bourbon Madagascar Vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and grease an 8x8 baking pan.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- In a heatproof bowl, combine the coconut oil and both chocolates and set the bowl over a pan of simmering water to create a double-boiler. Stir the chocolate until melted. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Once the chocolate is cooled, whisk the sugar into it. Add the eggs one at a time, whisking with each addition until smooth. Stir in the vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture and stir to incorporate.
- In another bowl, stir together the coconut oil, agave, PBfit, salt, and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour one-third of the brownie batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Drop tablespoon-sized dollops of peanut butter filling on top of the batter, using only half of the filling and leaving 1-inch spaces between dollops.
- Add the remaining brownie batter and spread to fill the pan. Top with dollops of the remaining filling. Gently drag a butter knife lengthwise and crosswise through the pan to swirl the peanut butter filling.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center of the tray comes out clean. Let the brownies cool completely before cutting into 9 even squares.