While this recipe does have some fat in it, it will not have nearly as much as your typical potato chip. It also has the added benefit of healthy fats and protein that come from the peanut butter and peanuts. You are also able to reduce the sugar content by substituting in Splenda in place of conventional sugar. It is a great snack option to bring with you to any party.
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ½ cup, shelled peanuts salted
- ½ cup light margarine
- 2 package popcorn (microwave)
- 20 regular marshmallows
- 16 tbsp splenda
- Pour cooked popcorn into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the margarine, Splenda and marshmallows.
- Cook in the microwave until melted and smooth, stirring after each minute of cooking.
- Add in the peanut butter and peanuts and mix until fully blended.
- Finally, drizzle over the popcorn and stir to coat. Allow to cool before serving.