Tilapia is a great choice for protein, especially if you're getting a little tired of chicken. The crunchy texture of the crust pairs well with the light, delicate meat of the fish.
- 2 whole 4 oz tilapia fillets
- ¼ cup milk (2% fat)
- ¼ cup low-fat Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cornmeal, whole-grain, yellow
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp steak sauce, tomato based
- Place fish on a plate and drizzle with milk.
- In a separate bowl, mix parmesan, cornmeal, salt and pepper, and Montreal spice.
- Dredge the fish in the dry rub. Coat both sides well.
- Over medium heat, place olive oil in nonstick pan and cook fish for 5 minutes on each side, or until a golden crust forms and fish is cooked through.