If a beef burger is the only burger in your mind, this recipe will bring your belly inner peace. The recipe calls for extra-lean ground beef, and grilling on a barbecue will further reduce the fat content. This burger packs a protein punch!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 egg whites
- ½ whole onion, finely diced
- 2 green onion, chopped
- ¼ cup raw oats
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp low-sugar barbecue sauce
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- Combine ground beef, egg whites, onion, green onions, dry oats, with Worcestershire sauce, and soy sauce.
- Form into four patties and place on a heated grill.
- Brush patties with barbecue sauce as they cook. Flip patties every few minutes until cooked to desired specs.
- Serve on top of the bun with lettuce, tomato, and mustard if desired.