If you're lucky enough to have an ice cream maker, this DIY ice cream sandwich recipe is a fun way to add protein and pizazz to your favorite frozen treat.
- 6 scoop OBVI Super Collagen Protein, Fruity Cereal
- 32 oz nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 12 fl oz canned fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 2 tsp liquid Stevia
- 1 tsp natural butter flavoring
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 pinch table salt
- Freeze the ice cream maker bowl for at least 24 hours.
- In a blender, add the yogurt, milk, vanilla paste, sweetener, and butter flavor, and blend until smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the protein, xanthan gum, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the blender and keep blending until smooth.
- Put the frozen ice cream bowl into the maker and pour in the ice cream mixture. Use the stir or churn setting and mix until the ice cream reaches a soft consistency.
- Transfer the ice cream into a container. Cover and freeze for 3-5 hours.
- Scoop the ice cream onto a cookie, add a top cookie, and roll the sides in crushed cereal. Repeat till you have used up the ice cream.
- Additional ingredients: Fruity cereal for topping (optional), crushed, healthy cookies of choice.
- Note: Enjoy immediately or cover and store in the freezer for up to 1 week.