Coleslaw is a common hit among the barbeque crowd because it pairs well with just about any meat you happen to grill up. The following recipe uses a delicious sweet lemon dressing rather than mayonnaise. It also calls for you to add nuts for crunch and flavor. You'll never want to go back to the high-fat version!
- 2 cup, shredded purple cabbage
- 2 cup, shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 2 stalk celery, finely diced
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp almonds, slivered
- 2 tbsp walnut, pieces
- 2 tbsp peanut, pieces
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, Greek yogurt, honey, garlic, and salt and pepper.
- Toss together the cabbage, carrots, celery, and parsley.
- Drizzle dressing on top, and toss one more time.
- Top with walnuts, peanuts, almonds, and cranberries. Toss and serve.