Pair the muscle-building power of halibut with heart healthy coconut. It's a win-win. In addition to the star protein, you'll get the benefits of coconut, which includes a slight boost to your metabolic rate to give you extra energy as you head into your day.
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ tsp thai green curry paste
- 6 oz halibut
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 carrot, shredded
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- 4 cup 1/2" pieces green Beans
- In a large skillet, cook the garlic, ginger, and coconut oil for about 30-60 seconds.
- Add in the coconut milk (preferably full fat, however light can be used if watching your calorie intake) and curry paste.
- Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to simmer.
- Add fish, sliced red pepper, and carrots. Cook for 4 minutes, flip fish, and then cook for another 2-3 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- Remove fish and vegetables from the skillet with a slotted spoon. Allow the sauce to continue to simmer for about 6-8 minutes or until thickened.
- Add in lime juice and spoon over the fish.
- Top with dried coconut flakes. Serve alongside steamed green beans.