Chicken soup is great, but add some veggies to it and it becomes even greater! This soup is rich in fiber, complex carbohydrates, lean protein, and antioxidants, so it's something you can feel good about putting into your body. Feel free to add other vegetables as desired!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 stalk, small stalk celery, finely diced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, pureed
- 4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3⅓ oz chicken breast
- 4 cup kale, diced
- 1 cup cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- Heat a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Brown chicken in olive oil for 5 minutes, then add garlic, onion, celery, and carrots. Sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add in 2 cups of chicken broth and kale. Bring the mixture to a boil, and reduce heat and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Add in the remaining broth along with the beans, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for another 5 minutes. Stir in rosemary and serve.