As they say (and by they, I actually mean me), "Make muffins, make muscles." This is yet another recipe that uses both vanilla protein powder and Siggi's yogurt, but I assure you the result will be nothing short of euphoric, not to mention anabolic. Let the protein pile on by adding the "Getting Siggy With It" frosting!
- 8 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 5⅓ oz siggi's Icelandic yogurt, Coconut
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 scoop BPI Whey-HD, Milk and Cookies
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp table salt
- 8 oz carob chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and place liners in muffin tin.
- In large bowl, combine all dry ingredients (flour, whey, cocoa powder, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt).
- In another bowl, whisk melted coconut oil, buttermilk, vanilla.
- With a spatula, slowly fold wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Once the ingredients are incorporated, fold in the carob chips.
- Fill the muffin liners about 2/3 of the way and bake for 20 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean when inserted into the center of the muffin.
- Transfer to a rack and let cool.