Tomatoes, peppers, chicken breast, pasta, olive oil, and red wine ... they combine to create Italian magnificence, without all those calories. Not only does this dish look great plated, it takes you back to fit with flavor to spare!
- ¼ pound pasta
- 2 large egg whites
- 4 oz tomato sauce, canned
- ¼ cup low-fat Parmesan cheese
- 4 piece chicken breast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 whole green pepper, chopped
- 1 whole diced yellow bell pepper
- ¾ tsp italian seasoning to taste
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Prepare spaghetti according to package directions.
- In a medium mixing bowl, lightly beat the egg whites. In a pie plate, combine the Mrs. Dash seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
- Dip chicken breasts in egg whites, then into the seasoned Parmesan, coating both sides.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place chicken breasts in skillet, cover and cook for approximately 6 minutes. Turn and cook for 6 more minutes, until no longer pink in the center. Transfer the cooked chicken breasts to a plate; cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add tomatoes and bell peppers to skillet and sauté over medium heat until the peppers begin to soften, approximately 3 minutes. Stir in Italian seasoning and red wine, and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add pasta to the skillet with sautéed tomatoes and peppers; mix gently.
- Slice cooked chicken. Divide pasta mixture into four portions, and top with a portion of sliced chicken. Serve and enjoy!