This recipe is delicious, yes, but it's also packed with protein. This French toast will definitely fit your muscle-building bill. It's fast to prepare and makes the perfect way to start a not-so-lazy Sunday.
- 6 slice ezekial bread
- 6 whole egg
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1½ cup milk (1%)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ½ cup pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lay bread slices in a shallow baking dish. Make sure they do not over lap.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, Greek yogurt, milk, sugar, and extracts until well combined.
- Pour egg mixture over the bread slices, making sure they are fully coated.
- Top bread with pecans and then cover baking dish with foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes and then serve with sugar-free maple syrup.