Sticking to your Lean Body Meal Plan is easy with this yam muffin recipe.
- 2½ cup oat Bran
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp allspice, ground
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 whole sweet potato
- 1 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the oat bran, baking soda, baking powder, allspice, and cinnamon. In a small bowl, mix the shredded yam, egg whites, molasses, applesauce, and oil. Pour thewet mixture, and stir to mix thoroughly.
- Fill the muffin cups about level (I use the foil liners for no mess or sticking) Bake for 30 to 35 min. Test with a toothpick; it should come out with nothing sticking to it. If the muffins need some more time, put them back for a few min, then test again.