This is a great protein-packed meal I love to make for lunch during the week. I usually take whatever vegetables I have in the fridge, stir fry them with some lively spices, and add them to brown rice and tofu. Use whatever veggies you'd like—below are my usual ingredients.
- 1 block tofu, firm
- 2 cup brown rice
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp ginger, powdered
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 medium (approx 2-3/4" long, 2-1/2 dia.) red bell pepper, sliced
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tsp sriracha
- Remove tofu from package and press with paper towels to absorb all excess moisture.
- Chop tofu into cubes and place in large Ziploc bag.
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add broccolini and bell pepper and stir until lightly softened.
- Heat another pan to medium heat and add tofu.
- Cook tofu for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until all sides get cooked.
- To serve, add 1/2 cup of brown rice and top with tofu, veggies, and green onions.