These little bites of deliciousness began as an experiment and are now a regular part of my meal plan. I like them for every meal! They're best right after they're done cooking, but they heat up well, so you can pack them as part of a healthy lunch.
- 1 whole sweet potato
- 1 cup low-fat Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg whites
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Cook a large sweet potato in the microwave until it's soft enough to mash.
- Add parmesan cheese and egg whites to the warm potatoes and stir well.
- Place a nonstick frying pan on medium to low heat and add oil.
- Spoon the potato mixture into the pan to make a circular patty.
- Spice the potato patty as desired and sprinkle more parmesan on top.
- Carefully flip patty and add spice the opposite side.
- It should take 2-4 minutes to cook each side of the patty, depending on your preferences. The parmesan side should be nice and crisp.