What better choice for a high-carb meal than the undisputed king of carbs, pasta. Tossed in a rich cashew-cream sauce, this delicious, fresh meal is completely vegan, but you can substitute your favorite cream-based sauce if you prefer.
- 4 oz spaghetti, dry
- 1 cup cashews, chopped
- 1½ cup water
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 lemon yields lemon juice
- ½ cup peas
- 6 oz spinach
- Blend the soaked cashews with water, nutritional yeast, and lemon. Season to taste with salt.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta to the water and stir occasionally to prevent noodles from sticking together. Cook for 8-12 minutes, until desired tenderness is reached.
- Drain the cooked pasta, but reserve a little bit of the pasta water.
- Toss the hot cooked pasta in a mixing bowl with the peas, spinach, and cashew cream. If it looks a little too thick, add some pasta water to achieve desired consistency.