Some people claim that their protein cupcakes are the best, but these Snickerdoodle protein cupcakes truly are the best!
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 scoop(s) MusclePharm Combat Powder (Snickerdoodle)
- ½ cup powdered Stevia
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup pumpkin, canned
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp butter extract
Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- ½ cup fat-free cream cheese
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp splenda, brown sugar blend
- ½ scoop(s) MusclePharm Combat Powder (Snickerdoodle)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp sugar-free maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix whole-wheat flour, protein powder, Stevia, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl. In another bowl, mix almond milk, Greek yogurt, pumpkin, vanilla extract, and butter extract.
- Heat coconut oil in a small bowl until melted. Add coconut oil to wet ingredients and mix.
- Slowly add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix slowly while pouring in wet ingredients.
- Line a muffin tin with 8 cupcake liners. Spoon batter evenly into each.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. These will dry out quickly if overbaked.
- Make frosting by mixing cream cheese and Greek yogurt.
- Add Stevia and brown sugar blend, protein powder, and coconut flour. Mix very well so that there are no clumps of flour or protein powder. Add sugar-free maple syrup and mix until smooth.
- Let cupcakes completely cool for about 30 minutes, then frost each cupcake.
- Note: Greek yogurt and canned pumpkin can be subbed for all Greek yogurt or all pumpkin. Also, you could sub for an equal amount of applesauce or mashed banana, but the taste might be slightly different. If you do not have butter extract, you can just use more vanilla extract.