Add some kick to a protein-packed burger with this spicy take on a classic favorite.
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp 2% greek yogurt, plain
- ⅛ cup fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 1 oz goat cheese
- 6 oz lean ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tbsp cumin
- 2 piece whole portabella mushroom caps
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp brown mustard
- 2 leaf lettuce
- 2 slice, thick/large (1/2" thick) tomatoes
- 2 strip turkey bacon
- Slice jalapeno in half, remove seeds, and chop.
- Mix Greek yogurt, mozzarella, goat cheese, and chopped jalapeno together. Place in freezer.
- Mix meat, garlic, cumin, sea salt, and ground pepper. Form patty with seasoned meat mixture and make a hole in the center using your thumb.
- Add the filling from the freezer into the hole. Fold over the sides of the meat to cover the hole.
- Place burger patty in skillet, brown both sides, cover, and cook to your desired readiness.
- Add mustard, lettuce, tomato, burger patty, and turkey bacon to bun or Portobello mushroom cap.